Funding and Application Guidelines
The Johnstone Fund for New Music advances the performance of new music for the benefit of the Central Ohio community.
Applications consist of a one-page letter describing the project, including dates, times, and location of performances, project budget, and the amount requested. We encourage applicants to consider the following guidelines of the Fund.
1. Programs should challenge listeners and help build the audience for new music in Central Ohio.
2. Concerts should be about an hour long with no intermission.
3. Performances should be available to anyone and, if possible, free.
4. Requests should be submitted six months in advance of performances.
5. Applicants should be 501(c)(3) organizations or musicians using fiscal agents.
Grants range from $500 to $7,500. Applications may be submitted anytime during the year through The Columbus Foundation.